Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cal loses heartbreaker, 10-9

Okay, sure I was as depressed as anybody last night after the pick and the loss. But for 58 minutes, Cal football was awesome again. Sure, it sucked our offense couldn’t score and we had some problems with the kicking game, but overall I enjoyed that game. I don’t really enjoy getting our butt handed to us (Nevada) or just dominating somebody (Colorado, UC Davis). For 58 minutes, I was in love with Cal football again. Not to say I had fallen out of love, but all I know is that I had some great moments of us dominating that Arizona offense.
Not to say that I enjoyed the end of it. I hated the end. It was the kind of kick you in the nuts game we’re used to being a Cal fan. But after the throwing of things, I realized that this kind of performance is the kind of thing we needed.

Our defense needed to step up. It did. Kevin Riley needed to quit making a crucial mistake. He did. Our offensive line needed to show it could hold up late in the game. They did; they sucked early, but we dominated late when we needed to drive.

So sure, I’m mad. If Giorgio Tavecchio hits one of two really easy kicks, I’m dancing like a madman and celebrating. And if Marvin Jones catches that football, or heck even knocks it in any direction other than one he did, we might be celebrating. The fact is, college football is built on the successes and mistakes of college kids. CALM DOWN EVERYBODY. Go Bears! Beat the bye week!

No comments:

Post a Comment