Monday, September 13, 2010

Cal enjoys victory over Colorado, 52-7

I’m not going to post stats on this one; I’m just going to give my impressions.


Cal just dominated the game. Colorado’s offense didn’t do anything, and our offense was able to get much of what they wanted to. Sure, the run game was struggling, but Vereen didn’t get many opportunities. Riley really impressed me; maybe he can be the quarterback we all thought he would be. As a whole, I liked what I saw from the wideouts although I wasn’t overly impressed by one of them. Our backups did far better.

But our defense was incredibly impressive. Rodney Stewart did absolutely nothing at 2.7 yards per carry, and his teammates did less. Hansen averaged under 5 yards per attempt; that’s ridiculous. Maybe Colorado is that bad, or maybe we’re that good. All I know is our defense dominated a Big-12 squad.

The more I see this team, the more I love them. Go Bears!

No comments:

Post a Comment